ERA OPEN CALLS
The budget for the area of Reforming and enhancing the European R&I system amounts to 438 million Euros. The objectives of the program and the calls for proposals are described in the two-year joint Work Programme for the part Widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area which is divided into three destinations. Destination 3 will implement the part Reforming and enhancing the EU research and innovation system by annual calls for proposals and “other actions” such as expert groups, prizes and public procurements.
The most frequently used type of projects is the Coordination and Support Action (CSA) for which proposals must be submitted with a maximum of 30 pages. Some of the call topics are also implemented through the Research and Innovation Action (RIA) in which proposals cover a maximum of 30 pages. In both cases, the application is a one-step process.
On 6th December 2022 the European Commission announced the new calls for proposals and the deadline for all call topics is 9th March 2023.
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-01: Programme level collaboration between national R&I policy-makers
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-02: A strong European R&I Foresight Community to better inform R&I policy decisions in the European Research Area about potential futures
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-03: Experimentation and exchange of good practices for value creation
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-04: Development of new approaches to the macroeconomic modelling of research and innovation
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-05: Exploitation and valorisation of results relevant for the ERA Policy Agenda
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-06: Building a virtual European Info Platform on Contemporary China
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-07: Support to reforms of research assessment in the European Research Area
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-08: Laying the groundwork towards Europe-wide citizen science campaigns
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-09: Policy support to facilitate the implementation of a zero-tolerance approach towards gender-based violence in the ERA
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-10: Support to the implementation of an EU Manifesto for STE(A)M education and research and innovation career paths to tackle gender inequalities in the ERA
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-11: Research ethics for environmental and climate technologies
- HORIZON-WIDERA-2023-ERA-01-12: The future of research ethics review in the changing research environments